US Pilots Not Russia’s Problem

Defense Ministry never received any reports from Pentagon on dangerous warplanes encounter

© Yuri Smityuk/TASS

MOSCOW, March 3. /TASS/. The Russian defense ministry received no messages from Pentagon concerning the dangerous encounters between the Russian and the US warplanes which allegedly took place on February 10, the ministry’s spokesman Major General Igor Konashenkov said.

General Tod Wolters, commander of the US Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces in Africa said earlier that on February 10, four dangerous encounters between the Russian and NATO warplanes had occurred. According to Wolters, three encounters involved the Russian Sukhoi Su-24 aircraft while one encounter involved an Ilyushin Il-38 warplane.

“We have received no messages either from Pentagon or from General Wolters concerning any dangerous encounters involving the Russian warplanes that could have taken place on February 10. Our aerospace forces conduct all flights in strict compliance with international rules and security requirements,” Konashenkov said.

The Russian defense ministry spokesman pointed out that the Su-24 aircraft was a tactical bomber while the Il-38 was a four-engine anti-submarine aircraft. “This kind of aircraft do not make any sudden maneuvers or encounters,” Konashenkov explained.

“If the US pilots feel agitated when they fly near Russia’s borders or detect some other planes in the same airspace, this is not Russia’s problem,” he added.

http://tass.com/politics/933804

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s